The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
The mission of LIFQHC is to provide access to equitable, comprehensive, optimal healthcare by improving the overall wellness of all individuals in our communities and delivering high quality extensive patient centered care.
Creating healthier communities by transforming the health care system one person at a time
JOB TITLE: Bilingual Spanish Call Center Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into Electronic Health Record (address, telephone number, name of insurance or self-pay status).
- Schedule appointment for patients - review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income - if applicable).
- Remind caller to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
- Remind caller of cancellation/no-show policy.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the Health Center:
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls; able to perform service recovery efforts if needed
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to physicians/Practice manager/Nurse.
- Make reminder calls as directed.
- Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
- Provide assistance with mailings and other projects as call volume permits.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming fax messages
- Operates standard office equipment requiring no previous training, e.g. telephone, computer terminal, data printer, photocopier, calculator, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned by manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office & Outlook).
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to handle a "call center" environment: fast paced, work quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service and professional phone etiquette
- Call Center/Front Desk Reception experience preferred
SALARY: $19.00 per hour
MORE INFORMATION: This is a non-exempt position
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.