The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
The mission of LIFQHC is to provide access to equitable, comprehensive, optimal healthcare by improving the overall wellness of all individuals in our communities and delivering high quality extensive patient centered care.
Creating healthier communities by transforming the health care system one person at a time.
JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant
REPORTS TO: Dental Operations Manager
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
· Assists with the preparation of patients prior to seeing dentists
· Assists the practitioners with patient care in the conduct of examinations and materials preparation
· Acts as a translator for patients as needed
· Greet and register patients using eClinical Works
· Assist new patients with registration process
· Check necessary documents for identification and insurance eligibility
· Orient patient and distribute patient bill of rights and other forms and waivers
· Act as information clerks to make proper referrals as needed
· Act as a chair-side assistant to the dentist utilizing accepted four-handed dental techniques
· Provides patient counseling regarding procedures
· Assist in the maintenance of inventories and stocking of supplies in examination rooms, nursing and lab areas
· Maintains logs of required data as needed
· Acts a patient’s advocate and liaison for preservation of patient’s rights
· Participates in off-site screening projects as needed
· Participates in departmental QA and other patient related committees as needed
· Participates in outreach and community screenings as needed
· Participates in case management and patient surveys in maintaining quality assurance
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Dental Assistant Certification required
· Basic CPR (BCLS) Certification
· Two years experience working in the health care field
· Capacity for covering Dental Assistants at all sites as needed
MORE INFORMATION: This is a non-exempt position.
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.