The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
The mission of LIFQHC is to provide access to equitable, comprehensive, optimal healthcare by improving the overall wellness of all individuals in our communities and delivering high quality extensive patient centered care.
Creating healthier communities by transforming the health care system one person at a time.
JOB TITLE: Patient Navigator
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Schedule appointments for all Specialty Services and Diagnostic Imaging at NUMC, within the health center, or at an outside facility and review as directed by providers
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients
- Responsible for obtaining pre-authorizations for all Specialty Services and Diagnostic Imaging depending on the insurance plan
- Track the status of all Specialty Services and Diagnostic Imaging referrals for patients referred to NUMC, within the health center, and at outside facilities and send consult reports to providers for review
- Effectively communication referral status with clinical team members to ensure care coordination and meet Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) standards
- Coordinates with clinical team on patient inquiries regarding referral
- Provide coverage for the medical records clerk; process medical records requests from patients, outside facilities, and insurance companies
- Serves as a liaison between NUMC and health center regarding any questions or concerns about Specialty Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and authorizations
- Link patients to community resources as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Professional, well organized, and detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate (both written and orally) effectively
- Must demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to utilize standard office equipment (phone, fax, copy machine, scanner, email/voicemail)
- Prior experience in health care and the use of EHR systems
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Creole highly preferred
- Physical ability to perform functions of job (lifting, mobility and manual dexterity)
MORE INFORMATION: This is a non-exempt position.
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.