The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
The mission of LIFQHC is to provide access to equitable, comprehensive, optimal healthcare by improving the overall wellness of all individuals in our communities and delivering high quality extensive patient centered care.
Creating healthier communities by transforming the health care system one person at a time.
JOB TITLE: Patient Experience Coordinator
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
Job Summary: The Patient Experience Coordinator is responsible for developing the strategy and leading the implementation to ensure improved understanding and results in our patient experience metrics. The Patient Experience Coordinator provides coaching and support to the health center sites to ensure effective & successful patient experiences and improve patient satisfaction and outcomes in support of our operations. The Patient Experience Coordinator will be the organization’s designee to receive, respond, and follow-up regarding patient grievances and compliments.
• Understand the patient journey and which aspects of the patient experience drive satisfaction, as well as dissatisfaction.
• In collaboration with Executive Team, lead the effort to develop clear standards and expectations in regard to patient experience while being attentive to the individual culture of each health center
• Understand, analyze and communicate patient experience survey data - identifying trends, areas for improvement, and learn about and share best practices for optimal outcomes
• Communicate with sites about specific feedback (compliments/complaints/changes in site metrics), developing solutions and resolving issues
• Regularly review interior and exterior atmosphere for patient comfort, accessibility, safety, cleanliness, décor, updated signage, posters, promotional materials
• Meet with sites regularly at huddles/staff meetings
• Update Chief Operating Officer and Chief Medical Director regularly for input and feedback. Report out at CQI and Operations meetings as appropriate.
• Identify key drivers of performance change including strategies for communication, teamwork and safety
• Work with sites on developing doable, sustainable, and measurable strategies for improvement.
• Lead or assist with the resolution of grievances or concerns that are raised by patients
• Strategize and implement a course of action based on patient/family member feedback- evaluate and follow up
• Provide patient experience survey data summary reports to clinicians and sites as well as interpretation and best practices
• Communicate directly with patients via phone and in writing to understand and resolve patient complaints and issues
• Maintain documentation log of patient interactions/compliments/complaints, the action taken and final resolution of the issue
• Collect and review site suggestion box submissions monthly
• Observe staff in actual patient interactions - assess best practices for communication. Provide constructive feedback to administrative leads
• Work with sites on developing doable, sustainable and measurable strategies for improvement.
• Special projects as assigned including: patient portal engagement projects, marketing materials, advocacy designation, audit prep, event planning, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• 5-10 years relevant experience and college degree preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
• Ability to learn and be efficient in new software (training will be provided)
• Able to work independently and manage workflows in a fast paced and highly confidential environment
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This is an exempt position.