Purpose: Responsible for all aspects in managing the Behavioral Health Department, including but not limited to overseeing treatment of patients, developing staffing standards and ensures staffing is consistent with credentials and patient care needs, prepares and monitors department budget, works with other departments and agencies to ensure efficiencies, keeps up to date on behavioral health services based on need assessments and financial considerations.
● Leads behavioral health program within integrated medical setting, responsible for overall program planning and coordination with other clinical areas
● Recruits, supervises and evaluates the performance of clinical personnel
● Monitors patient utilization and behavioral staff productivity to insure timely patient access to services, as well as cost efficient services
● Participate in external committees/ workgroups that increase organization presence, obtain needed information and enhances reputation.
● Establishes and coordinates services with Nassau University Medical Center to ensure clinical integration and the continuity of care for the Health Center’s patients
● Review clinical notes.
● Maintains a panel of patients as duties will allow
● Maintain current knowledge of all the regulations pertaining to Behavioral Health Programs
● Review policies and procedure to insure compliance.
● Insure evaluations and professional development plans are completed on time.
● Insure staff is provided sufficient opportunities for internal and external training
● Oversee Behavioral Health internship program
● Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing Behavioral Health educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
● Other duties as assigned
● Minimum LCSW-R, Doctoral level degree in Psychology, Psychiatry or related mental health field
● Licensed to practice in New York State
● At least 4 years’ full time paid experience in clinical management in an OMH Licensed or FQHC setting.
● Experience in an integrated behavioral health model and NYS Art 28, 31 and 32 regulations
● Ability to travel to multiple sites
● Excellent communication and writing skills, Microsoft Office and computer knowledge needed
● Cultural and linguistic sensitivity to populations served
● Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Reports to: CEO or designee
Salary Range: $70,000 - $270,000 (varies based on license and experience)
Hours: 40 hours/week (salaried)
The Chautauqua Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.