The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) has 5 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, and New Cassel/Westbury. As a federally qualified center, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
The mission of LIFQHC is to provide access to equitable, comprehensive, optimal healthcare by improving the overall wellness of all individuals in our communities and delivering high quality extensive patient centered care.
Creating healthier communities by transforming the health care system one person at a time
JOB TITLE: Associate Medical Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
• Work with Chief Medical Office to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
• Leading a team of providers in provision of high quality and timely health care.
• Ensures access to care, improves clinical quality, decreases clinical risk, implements improvement initiatives and innovations, and recruits and retains providers for his/her team.
• Serves as a leader and mentor for providers of the health center.
• Consults with medical center staff, peers and supervisors on a wide variety of patient care issues and functions as part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
• Recruits, supervises, and evaluates the performance of clinical personnel including Internists, Pediatricians, Obstetricians and medical specialists. Provided direct supervision to all Family Medicine and Internal Medicine providers.
• Maintains a panel of patients- position is 50% patient care, 50% admin time
• Establishes and coordinates services with Nassau University Medical Center to ensure clinical integration and the continuity of care for the Health Center’s patients
• Completes all clinical charting and documentation required by the LIFQHC, as appropriate.
• Supports the implementation of medical policies for the entire organization.
• Researches and evaluates new treatments and medical innovations.
• Works collaboratively throughout the organization to ensure the adoption of standards and policies for all functional aspects of clinical services that result in patient care improvements.
• Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the new programs
• Develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure of clinical quality programs.
• Supervises clinicians regarding professional performance and clinical quality patient care.
• Performance reviews are completed in first 6 months and annually for staff under direct supervision.
• Assures quality of clinical services is maintained through individual and group supervision.
• Assists with the quality improvement program.
• Participates in internal and external committees and management team meetings.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Adheres to professional standards, practice policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and regulatory standards.
• Obtain and maintain hospital privileges at Nassau University Medical Center in order to provide care for LIFQHC patients in the hospital setting.
• Participates in LEAN and other activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary patient-centered medical home approach for the care of patients
• May be assigned to any program area within LIFQHC and must be able and willing to travel between centers.
• Assists with audits of medical staff for compliance with policies and procedures and with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
• Other duties as assigned
• Board certified and licensed to practice in New York State;
• At least 5 years of medical experience with 2 years of progressive management or in leadership positions in health care
• Ability to travel to multiple sites
• Computer knowledge and familiar with Microsoft Office products
• Experience working with underserved, transient populations and clinical co‐morbidities (co‐occurring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems) preferred.
• Ability to travel to other sites for coverage as needed.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Cultural and linguistic sensitivity to populations served
• Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole preferred
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This is a exempt position.