Description: General Dentist
Purpose: Diagnose and treat problems with a patient’s teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth. Provide advice and instruction on taking care of teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
• Remove decay from teeth and fill cavities
• Repair cracked or fractured teeth and remove teeth
• Straight teeth to correct bite issues
• Place sealants or whitening agents on teeth
• Administer anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain during procedures
• Write prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications
• Examine X-rays of teeth, gums, the jaw and nearby areas for problems
• Make models and measurements for dental appliances, such as dentures, to fit patients
• Teach patients about diet, flossing, use of fluoride, and other aspects of dental care
• Utilize dental equipment efficiently and effectively
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Deals with public and staff, both in person and over the telephone, in tactful and professional
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Licensed to work in the state of New York as a Dentist
• Graduate of an accredited college of Dental Medicine
• CPR certified
• Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation,
diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise
• Minimum 1 year experience in a primary care clinic
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• A valid State Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• Leadership and organizational skills essential
• Bilingual especially in Spanish preferred
• Computer literate preferred
• Self-motivated and flexible to daily patient schedule and/or clinic needs
The Chautauqua Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class