Psychiatrist Advantage Care clinic Brookville & Freeport locations
The Psychiatrist is responsible for the direction, maintenance and care of individuals receiving psychiatric services. Diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders
- Medical degree conferred by an accredited college or university required.
- Board Certification and New York State licensure required.
- 24 Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (2 years).
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification.
- One years’ experience treating persons with intellectual disabilities, developmental delays or disabilities required.
- Strong ability to support the Medical Director to provide excellent quality of care to patients required.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements required.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulatory requirements required.
- National Provider Identifier.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders;
- organizes data concerning patient's family, medical history, and onset of symptoms obtained from patient, relatives, and other sources;
- examines patient to determine general physical condition, following standard medical procedures;
- orders laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluates data obtained;
- determines nature and extent of mental disorder, and formulates treatment program;
- treats or directs treatment of patient, utilizing variety of psychotherapeutic methods and medications;
- participates in meetings and case conferences as needed;
- confers with professional staff, other agencies or referral sources and other physicians regarding the care and treatment of individuals receiving psychiatric services;
- provides intervention to collateral individuals as needed;
- ensures adherence to all applicable program statutes, regulations and appropriate insurance billing practices;
- ensures annual fulfillment of the health care facility’s commitment for ensuring quality care;
- compliance with social distancing, adherence to PPE and infection protocols.