Neighborhood Health Center is seeking a full time Family Physician, Internal Medicine Physician or Pediatrics Physician for its Family Medical Center. These positions will report to the Medical Director and will be based in one site and cover at times in other sites. This position will lead cross functional care teams.
All Neighborhood Health Center offices are located in the greater Buffalo, NY region. The Buffalo Niagara region boasts a great quality of life, with access to tremendous green space, including two Great Lakes and Niagara Falls, world-class museums, professional sports, public concerts and plays, and historic architecture. The area is also incredibly accessible, both in terms of average daily commute time as well having easy access to other major cities (Boston, Chicago, Detroit, New York City and Philadelphia are all about an hour’s flight away while Toronto is only 90 minutes away by car). The region’s school districts are highly rated, the excellent housing stock is affordable, and the cost of living remains one of the lowest in the country. The area has also been experiencing significant growth in recent years, with a number of new developments and industries choosing Buffalo as a place to live.
- Provide high quality primary care to Neighborhood Health Center’s patients of infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric groups
- Lead cross-functional patient-centric care teams
- Provide comprehensive patient care and establish a family partnership whenever possible to ensure the needs of the patients are met on an ongoing basis
- Ensure high quality primary care is delivered cost-effectively, consistently
- Provide appropriate specialist referrals and follow-up recommendations when indicated
- Maintain electronic medical records in compliance with Neighborhood Health Center’s standards with high efficiency
- Engage patient, family and cross-functional care teams in sustained health and well-being of the patient
- Partner with Neighborhood Health Center’s interdisciplinary teams and resources
- Maintain familiarity with ongoing research and development in relevant fields
- Ensure performance improvement initiatives are supported with timely and accurate data and consistent actions
- Manage a limited, telephone-only coverage shared with other clinicians (weekends: every 68 weeks; weekdays: every 4 -6 weeks)
- Represent Neighborhood Health Center in community outreach activities
Compensation: $170,000-200,000 annual salary (based on a full-time, 40 hour work week)
Individual compensation is based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, and other position related components.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy, licensed in NYS prior to start date
- Completion of three-year Family Practice Residency, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics Residency
- Board-eligible from American Board of Family Medicine and Med-Peds boards; board certification required within 2 years after completion of residency training
- Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
- Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
- Focused on collaborative team-based care
- Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
- Proficient in EHR systems
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
- Comfortable receiving and providing appreciative and corrective feedback
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
- Proficient in working with in-person or telephonic interpreters
- Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, undeserved residents and those lacking access to health care
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
Neighborhood Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the practice of equity and inclusion.