Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year over 11,000 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care and health education, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, HSE, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts, and services.
The Nursing Supervisor/RN will maintain a culture that fosters patient empowerment, teamwork, and the delivery of high-quality, client-centered, and evidence-based care. The Nursing Supervisor/RN will collaborate closely with the Associate Medical Director and in collaboration with members of the health leadership team to facilitate the highest quality of services.
- Supervise clinical support staff including Nurses, Medical Assistants, and Phlebotomists. Manage related activities including training, schedules, daily assignments, and evaluations for the team.
- Collaborate with members of the health team to facilitate the highest quality of services. Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care for patients in partnership with medical providers.
- Manager all clinical areas and functions of the health center including the medication supply room, lab, and clinical back office. Create and update workflows, policies, and procedures for clinical areas.
- Organize routine quality reviews of the health center’s clinical areas, including the medication supply room and the laboratory. Follow up on any new or revised guidelines, recommendations and/or findings.
- Coordinate the procurement and maintenance of inventory for medication, vaccines, medical and lab supplies, emergency equipment, and medical equipment.
- Lead the Referral Committee and manage scheduling and follow-up for patient referrals.
- Support the Physician (USCIS Civil Surgeon) and supervise the LPN or MA with all functions related to USCIS medical services.
- Recognize and manage specific common deviation from wellness and health maintenance which is determined by joint protocol or consultation with the Associate Medical Director.
- Perform ongoing assessments, data collection and reports, with a focus on clinical quality measures.
- Performing other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and RN Licensure in the State of New York required
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse, holistic, multidisciplinary setting
- Leadership and supervisory experience in an outpatient setting and/or community health center
- Clinical skills including triage, medication management, injections, venipuncture, and assisting with medical emergencies
- Tech savvy including the ability to perform high level functions on EHR, Microsoft software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams), and other software
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and make effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly desired
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week, including evenings
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000, commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package
Nursing Supervisor/RN Application Link
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy require all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.