Union Community Health Center (UNION), operating continuously as a health care provider in the Bronx since 1909, is one of the largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in NYS, with a proven record of accomplishment of providing a full range of quality primary care and dental services for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors of underserved, high-need communities throughout the Bronx. UNION’s mission is to provide comprehensive, culturally competent primary and preventive health care services to improve the health status and decrease health disparities of the medically underserved populations in the Bronx, providing services to all regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or the ability to pay.
UNION continues to impact more residents each year with five clinic locations and two Mobile Units (medical and dental). UNION serves over 30,000 underserved residents of the Bronx provides over 180,000 patient care visits annually. UNION is an impressive model of a holistic and integrated approach to patient care that unifies primary care, behavioral health, and dental care providers, creating one team, designing and delivering care for each patient. Additionally, UNION provides specialty services, needed and otherwise difficult for Medicaid patients to access, including physical and occupational therapy, speech therapy, audiology, cardiology, behavioral health and psychiatric services among many others.
UNION has a vested interest and is committed to addressing the behavioral health needs of our patients and the community. Our team was one of the first to incorporate an integrated (primary care/behavioral health) model of care required in today’s complex world. This model of care is a holistic approach, which includes dedicated and experienced behavioral health clinicians and medical providers designing, and delivering care as one unified team for each patient. This collaboration between these disciplines helps engender the specific aim of increasing access to care, reducing morbidity of both mental and physical disorders. UNION’s Behavioral Health team teaches and encourages self-management behaviors using evidenced-based practices to decrease symptoms and enhance patients’ quality of life. Services are available for patients ages 5 and older with an array of therapeutic modalities. In 2024 UNION will be expanding behavioral health services at additional locations and incorporating new treatment modalities to address the complex needs of the community UNION serves.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- LCSW/LMSW will be part of a team focused on integrating behavioral health treatment into primary care by working directly with nursing, primary care physicians and behavioral health staff treating depression and anxiety in an outpatient collaborative care model.
- Conduct initial screening, evaluation and diagnosing underlying mental illness.
- Provide short-term psychotherapeutic methods to children ages 5 and above, adolescents, adults, families and couples with familiarity using supportive therapy, motivational interviewing, PST, CBT.
- Participate in daily huddles in family practice, internal medicine and pediatrics.
- Attend behavioral health team rounds, weekly group supervision and present complex and new cases.
- Clinical supervision is provided
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Licensure required Valid NY Stated LMSW/LCSW
- Experience working in primary care setting preferred
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal
- English/ Spanish fluency is required
- Sensitivity to cultural, religious, racial, disability and gender issues.
Position Type: Full-time, Part-time and Per diem
$73K-$94K based on years of experience
TO APPLY send CV to:
Mildred Casiano, LCSW-R, M.P.H
Director of Behavioral Health
JOIN US AT UNION and continue our mission of Caring for the Bronx!