Up to $15.8 million is currently available under this Solicitation of Interest (SOI), which is expected to result in approximately 132 three-year awards. However, the majority of the 132 awards allotted have not yet been dispersed. CHCANYS highly encourages health center leadership to share this opportunity with eligible providers as soon as possible.
Cycle IX of the DANY Physician Loan Repayment & Physician Practice Support Programs
The application period for Cycle IX of the DANY Physician Loan Repayment and Physician Practice Support Programs is now live! Applications are due Wednesday, March 8th.
The DANY Physician Loan Repayment (PLR) and Physician Practice Support (PPS) programs make funds available to help recruit physicians to and encourage them to remain in medically underserved areas of the state. Funding is provided in exchange for a physician’s commitment to work in an underserved area for a three-year period (DANY service obligation period). The awards will provide up to $40,000 per year for three years (not to exceed $120,000 in total funding).
DANY funds can be awarded to:
- a physician to pay qualified educational debt;
- a physician to submit the costs of establishing or joining medical practices; or
- a health care facility to recruit or retain a physician by providing the physician with a sign-on bonus, funds to repay outstanding qualified educational debt, or enhanced compensation. In all cases, 100 percent of the funds ultimately must be distributed to the physician or the physician’s practice.
A Grants Gateway account is no longer necessary to apply. For Cycle IX, all applications will be submitted exclusively via email. See the SOI below for important instructions.
- Solicitation of Interest Cycle IX (PDF)
- Addendum 1 - Extension of Due Date (PDF)
- Addendum 2 – Updated Attachment 12 Exhibit 1 (PDF)
- Questions & Answers (PDF)
For questions, comments, or to be added to the DANY ListServe, contact: Karolyn at DANY2018@health.ny.gov