Care for the Homeless
Position Title: Clinical Administrator/Federal Grants Manager
30 East 33rd Street 5th FL
New York, NY 10016
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: HR
Contact Phone: 212-366-4459
Contact Fax: 212-462-2948
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Clinic Administrator holds a senior administrative position responsible for coordinating and monitoring health care service delivery, quality assurance, utilization review, staff coverage, medical record keeping, problem solving and medical/administrative interface functions for the Care for the Homeless’ Diagnostic and Treatment Center (Article 28) and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). The position requires health care and management experience in a multi-service, community-based treatment facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and be committed and able to advance the Mission of Care for the Homeless.
- Develop and supervise health care services in a freestanding Article 28 facility and satellite facilities;
- Coordinate work schedules of all clinic staff;
- Be responsible for orientation, training, supervision and evaluation of Center’s staff;
- Ensure Article 28 and FQHC compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements, including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that CFH is in compliance with HRSA policies and requirements for 330(h), Ryan White Part C, and any other future federal funding streams, including reporting requirements.
- Maintaining good communication with our federal project officers, and monitoring communication from, and developments with, our federal funders.
- Ensuring that all facilities and equipment are safe and compliant with all applicable regulations;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures written in accordance with prevailing standards of professional practice, governing all aspects of the agency’s provision of health care services.
- Ensuring the Center's policies and procedures are available to all center personnel and are reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary.
- Overseeing the credentialing of all heath care personnel.
- Coordinate Article 28 and HRSA health projects and sustain ongoing productive relationships with sites referring patients and sites to which they are referred;
- Provide or coordinate in-service staff development programs/training seminars on a regular schedule. These are to include Policy and Procedures reviews and the review of other matters of importance to the efficient operation of the center
- In conjunction with the CMO/Medical Director, maintain a robust CQI process for the agency, reporting to the Board of Directors CQI Committee;
- Provide day-to-day supervision / clinical and administrative direction to support staff within the Center;
- Ensure timely completion of the coding of clinic visits;
- In conjunction with the CMO/Medical Director, plan for and conduct regular meetings with the Center’s professional and support staff;
- Prepare reports and other documentation requested by regulatory agencies, the CMO/Medical Director, Executive Director and funders
- Oversee submission of, modifying, and monitoring, Certificate of Need applications to the NYS Department of Health, working with consultants, as needed;
- Oversee a precepting and education program for students studying to be healthcare professionals, and
- Perform other functions as assigned by the CMO/Medical Director or the Executive Director.
- Advanced degree in human services field from an accredited professional school and three years experience working in an ambulatory health care facility;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and leadership qualities;
- Knowledge of health care planning and administration within an ambulatory health setting serving a multi-problem clientele;
- Ability to supervise diverse staff of professionals and paraprofessionals in a multi service setting;
- Ability to represent the organization in community forums and educational seminars;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle confidential issues with discretion;
- Experience delivering high-quality clinical services preferred.
Only one submission of your resume is required. Please do not send multiple submissions. Please send cover letter with resume to email@example.com. The subject heading should be the position you're applying for. Electronic submissions must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Administration_Management