Heritage Health and Housing, Inc.
Position Title: Director of Human Resources
416 West 127th Street
New York , NY 10027
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: (212) 866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Human Resources Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves on the executive management team; and is responsible for assisting and advising the organization managers about Human Resources issues in addition to being responsible for leading and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Incumbents in this job may have access to proprietary consumer or company information and must maintain the privacy and confidentiality of this information. All employees must perform their jobs with a focus on risk management, occupational safety and health, and providing internal and external customer service. Employees working in a supervisory capacity must practice effective human resources practices to ensure a healthy scene.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Works in tandem with other members of the executive management team in order to maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions within the organization.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Develops and maintains a performance management system that includes a creating a work environment or setting in which people are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Coordinates the new employee orientation effort and is responsible for planning and implementing ongoing education and training sessions for agency staff.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Provide on-going coaching and feedback to senior and mid-level managers.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Supervises the human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees that are assign to the department.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides oversight of the 90/day and annual employee: “Performance Appraisal” process.
- Works in tandem with the executive team to establish a strong workplace code of conducts across the organization.
- Provides ongoing assistance to managers in response to labor union grievances. This position is responsible for a HR Specialist, Jr. Generalist and the Receptionist for the administrative office.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with applicable laws/regulations and management theories, including policy/procedure development and labor union activities
- Strong organizational skills in the areas of operations, budget and project administration
- Effective interface with diverse groups
- Effective supervisory skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field with 10+ years of increasingly responsible HR leadership experience, preferably with experience as the highest ranking HR position
- Or a Masters Degree in a similar area of academic concentration with 6+years of experience performing at an HR management level.
- Broad experience as a human resources generalist including talent management, recruitment and retention, compensation and benefits, and leadership development
- Certification in Human Resources Management
- Experience guiding an organization through rapid growth and successfully aligning people systems with business strategies
- Experience in a non-profit, social services and healthcare environment is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal, listening, coaching, and facilitation)
- Ability to focus on the big picture, including proactively identifying developing issues and potential solutions
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and ADP payroll platform
The Human Resources Director is assigned to the Administrative Office. Maybe required to travel to other sites based on the needs of the agency.
Please submit a resume along with coverletter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Administration_Management