Colorectal Cancer Screening in the Post-Pandemic Era
- Highlight the NYC screening guidelines and the updated USPSTF guidelines.
- Describe NYC screening rates pre-COVID-19.
- Identify the barriers of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening during the COVID-19 pandemic and the racial/ethnic and socioeconomic disparities.
- List the steps to obtaining a colonoscopy including triaging symptoms and family history prior to screening, pre-procedure clearance, and other considerations for the PCP.
- Compare colorectal cancer (CRC) testing alternatives.
- Review common pitfalls and challenges in CRC screening and discuss ways to address them including through the use of telehealth.
Pascale M. White, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Director of Gastroenterology Clinic
Division of Gastroenterology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Melissa Latorre, MD, MS
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine at NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Director, Inpatient Services for Gastroenterology, NYULMC Tisch and Kimmel, NYU Langone Health
Matthew A. Weissman, MD, MBA, FAAP
Chair, Department Of Medicine
Primary Care Physician
Mount Sinai Beth Israel and Downtown
Save the meeting link with the option to call in: +1-646-992-2010,1730435931##.