Callen-Lorde is looking for a dedicated Social Worker to provide individual, family/couple, and group psychotherapy sessions, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, care coordination, and referral services for our Article 31 clinic long-term therapy. The position will work in collaboration with Callen-Lorde medical staff and consulting psychiatrists, as a member of our multi-disciplinary team. The overall goal of the position is to ensure that patients psychosocial needs are addressed and met. The social worker may be required to provide therapy on a walk-in basis in our Article 31 clinic, rather than having a set patient schedule and/or providing short/long-term therapy depending on the needs of the clinic.
Callen-Lorde's Behavioral Health Clinic is open Monday through Friday.
This is a full-time position which will include some evening hours.
- Masters degree in Social Work and NYS licensure LMSW or LCSW required
- At least 1 or more years post-Masters clinical experience working with both adult individuals and groups preferred
- Experience working in New York State Article 31 outpatient practice setting preferred
- Knowledge of LGBT- and HIV-related health/mental health issues and concerns
- Computer literacy is required.
- The ability to maintain ongoing documentation in an electronic charting system
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
- Ability to work with diverse populations, and ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently but yet be team focused
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and helpful under stress
- Excellent attention to detail
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/