Social workers help people solve and cope with problems in their everyday lives. Clinical social workers also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional disorders for patients referred by primary care.
- Assesses clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals.
- Works collaboratively with clients to develop treatment plans designed to improve their well-being.
- Helps clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives.
- Researches and refers clients to community resources and service providers as appropriate, advocating for patients to receive needed services.
- Responds to crisis situations such as needed.
- Maintains updated treatment plans and documentation, (re)assessing patient progress periodically.
- Involves family members and collateral contacts in patient care as appropriate.
- Provides clinical supervision to LMSWs as needed.
- Telehealth Home Visits for patients (with or without web enablement and/or homebound) with medical and/or dental care needs.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- LCSW with a degree from an accredited school of social work.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Clinical experience in a primary care setting preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional travel may be required for seminars, trainings and meetings.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to move/lift up to 25 lbs.