We are seeking a dedicated, flexible individual to join our staff as a full time Social Worker within our Health Outreach to Teens, (HOTT) program. HOTT provides low- and no-cost medical and mental health care to LGBTQ and homeless youth, ages 13-24. The Social Worker is responsible for providing clinical social work services to engage youth accessing medical and mental health services within the HOTT program. This includes short-term individual counseling, group counseling, family counseling, crisis management, and psycho-educational services for youth. The Social Worker is responsible for appropriate documentation of care, as well as written mental health assessments and treatment plans. The HOTT Social Worker will work closely with medical, case management and outreach workers in a harm reduction model, to ensure that the needs of HOTT clients are identified and appropriate services accessed, coordinated, and monitored.
Callen-Lorde's Behavioral Health Clinic is open Monday through Friday.
This is a full-time position which will include some evening hours.
- Masters degree in Social Work and NYS licensure LMSW or LCSW required
- At least 1 or more years post-Masters clinical experience working with adolescents and adult individuals/groups preferred
- Knowledge of LGBT- and HIV-related health/mental health issues and concerns
- Computer literacy is required.
- The ability to maintain ongoing documentation in an electronic charting system
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
- Ability to work with diverse populations, and ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently but yet be team focused
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and helpful under stress
- Excellent attention to detail