We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) - Per Diem to join our nursing team. The Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for assisting primary care providers by screening patient phone calls and patient walk-ins for urgent medical matters, triaging patients to urgent care, and referring patients to the ER or other facilities. The RN will assist providers by providing education, adherence, and case management support to patients. Other responsibilities will include following up on calls from the laboratory regarding alert values, providing education, information and support to patients regarding a variety of medical issues, including HIV and HIV adherence, and providing clinical support during patient care sessions when needed.
Callen-Lorde's main site in Chelsea is typically open Monday through Thursday (8 am-9 pm) Friday (9-5 pm) and Saturday (9 am-3 pm). This is a per diem position and we have various shifts available morning, daytime, and evening shifts. Currently, Saturdays are closed due to the pandemic and this is subject to change.
- New York State RN License and Registration
- 1-2+ years experience in acute or ambulatory care.
- Substantial experience in HIV primary care and sexually transmitted infection screening, treatment, and education
- Experience in ER, telephone triage, public/community health care setting is preferred
- RN Case Management and patient education experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Current CPR and Infection Control certification
Personal Characteristics, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with diverse patient populations and within a team-based structure
- Commitment to participating and being a champion of Callen-Lorde's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiative
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/