The mission of the Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS) is to champion community-centered primary care in New York State through leadership, advocacy, and support of Community Health Centers. To do this, CHCANYS serves as the voice of community health centers, working to ensure that every New York State community has primary care that encompasses all aspects of each patient’s health and well-being. CHCANYS is a dynamic, team-oriented, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and as New York State’s Primary Care Association (PCA), advocates on behalf of and provides technical assistance to federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) throughout New York State. New York’s nearly 800 FQHCs sites provide comprehensive, community-based primary and preventative care services to 2.2 million New Yorkers annually, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. CHCANYS is nationally recognized for its programs in health policy, performance improvement, health information technology, health system planning, and training and technical assistance (T/TA).
The Project Manager, Data and Technology is a key member of the Data and Technology Team at CHCANYS, which serves New York State’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) as a resource hub of primary care transformation, and health information technology (HIT) training and technical assistance. The Data and Technology team works to provide leadership and guidance for data and technology strategy across the Primary Care Association, The New York State Health Center Controlled Network (NYS-HCCN) and the internal workings of CHCANYS. The key responsibility of this role will be to support and oversee the external facing systems utilized by CHCANYS health center members, and to administer the CHCANYS Learning Management System (LMS).
Reporting to the V.P, Data & Technology, the Project Manager will have strong experience facilitating implementations and management of digital platforms, be a skillful communicator, and possess a strong project management skill set. This position will have extensive cross-functional interactions, as well as interface directly with consultants of CHCANYS, particularly those responsible for developing and operationalizing external systems and processes (i.e., CHCANYS website, LMS, etc.).
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
CHCANYS Learning Management System:
- Manage the implementation of a new LMS
- Facilitate requirements gathering and defining with LMS vendor
- Collect input from internal CHCANYS staff members to ensure LMS alignment with programmatic goals and CHCANYS mission
- Coordinate with CHCANYS staff members to import curated resources, documentation, and artifacts
- Develop communications plan related to go live on LMS
- Develop training plan for internal and external LMS users
- Coordinate with LMS vendor to develop user documentation
- Coordinate and align with internal CHCANYS staff regarding deployment and marketing of LMS to CHCANYS health center members
- Oversee ongoing support of LMS and its users
- Manage LMS vendor contracting, procurement processes, and managed services
- Partner with website developer to ensure completion of new projects, enhancements, etc.
- Develop detailed project plans and regularly report on project updates to CHCANYS Communications team
- Oversee vendor contracting and invoicing related to website development, website hosting
- Develop internal processes for requests for updates and content curation
- Monitor website utilization and share reports with CHCANYS Communications team and CEO
- Identify and define use cases and opportunities to improve CHCANYS member facing services through the digital experience
- Develop complementary functions and uses of CHCANYS member facing systems
- Support and advise CHCANYS leadership on ways to optimize member facing platforms
- Perform ongoing needs assessment for external users of CHCANYS digital platforms and coordinate with internal CHCANYS staff and subcontractors of CHCANYS to develop needed functionality
- Troubleshoot technical issues that occur in digital platforms and partner with vendors to resolve
- Provide product development support for new external facing systems implemented by CHCANYS
- Analyze and report on utilization of external facing systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or technology-related field, business and management or nonprofit management
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience planning and executing digital or health information technology projects
- Strong technical background with some experience in product management
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with a client service orientation
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, research, and analytical skills
- High level of comfort working with data and MS Excel
- Intellectually curious, creative, and resourceful problem solver. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to motivate and manage change
- Understanding of workflows and processes
- Knowledge of FQHCs and healthcare
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions unless such accommodation causes an undue hardship. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials. While work is normally performed in an office setting, the individual must have the ability to travel, depending on assignments/projects. Our organization continues to comply with federal, state, and city guidelines, during this pandemic, to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and clients.
The Community Health Care Association of New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CHCANYS to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment, compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (including "gender identity" - which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with the legal sex assigned to the person at birth), disability, age (18 and over), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, marital status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, sexual orientation, or status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking. CHCANYS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination. We encourage applications from people of all gender identities and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC).
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
** When applying, please include cover letter and salary requirements. **
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.