Reporting to the Director of Policy, and as part of the Policy Team, the Policy Analyst is responsible for creating and driving CHCANYS’ advocacy campaigns and supporting CHCANYS’ policy analysis. The Policy Team works with CHCANYS’ members, staff, and stakeholders to effectuate positive policy change on behalf of New York State’s community health centers. The Policy Analyst must be comfortable acting as a public representative of the organization, will work with a diverse group of people, and must be able to collaborate effectively.
· In collaboration with the Policy Team, manage and develop CHCANYS’ grassroots advocacy agenda and oversee its implementation, coordinating with State and national platforms and resources.
· Lead in the research and support the writing of CHCANYS’ policy-related publications, including public testimony, the annual legislative agenda, and comments on proposed regulatory changes.
· Organize CHCANYS’ annual Community Health Center Grassroots Advocacy Day in Albany and CHCANYS’ involvement in the annual Federal lobby day in Washington, D.C.
· Monitor State and Federal policy changes impacting FQHCs and identify issues for CHCANYS advocacy.
· Conduct research, including literature and data reviews, administering surveys, and analyzing budgets in support of CHCANYS’ public policy agendas.
· Coordinate, plan, and organize National Health Center Week activities across New York State that promote and publicize FQHCs and their work.
· Create materials needed to support advocacy and outreach efforts, in coordination with Communications Team.
· Grow CHCANYS’ Grassroots Action Network and develop/implement a plan for recruiting individual grassroots advocates and increasing member engagement in advocacy.
· Create and manage up-to-date contact list of key advocacy staff at FQHCs across the state to create a rapid response system for needed advocacy actions.
· Track the results of grassroots calls-to-action; determine and coordinate the implementation of appropriate follow-up efforts.
· Develop dynamic and timely content for CHCANYS’ Facebook page, Twitter account, and other social networking tools as appropriate, in coordination with the Communications Team.
· Support planning and implementation of relevant membership committees, including Policy and Reimbursement Committees.
· Master’s Degree in health policy or related field. (Will consider Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with very strong professional experience).
· Minimum of three years of experience in health policy, preferably in New York State. (Will consider other policy roles in nonprofit organizations or government agencies).
· Ability to produce high quality written materials within tight deadlines.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of and interest in community health and primary care practice environments.
· Solid relationship building and interpersonal skills.
· High degree of professional maturity, commitment to excellence, independence, flexibility, initiative and time management skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals, teams, and populations both internally and externally.
· Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence.
· PC proficiency with MS Office applications.
NOTE: The Policy Analyst must be self-motivated, able to simultaneously manage multiple projects to support the organization’s dynamic public policy agenda, and have strong team participation skills. The successful candidate for this position will have experience in researching and writing policy documents and an understanding of the health care policy environment, ideally in New York State.
The Community Health Care Association of New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CHCANYS to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment, compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (including "gender identity" - which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with the legal sex assigned to the person at birth), disability, age (18 and over), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, marital status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, sexual orientation, or status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking. CHCANYS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination. We encourage women and minorities to apply for CHCANYS positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions unless such accommodation causes an undue hardship. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials. While work is normally performed in an office setting, the individual must have the ability to travel, depending on assignments/projects.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org