The Patient Representative is responsible for intakes of new patients, scheduling of patient appointments, updating Health Insurance plans and making “cases” as needed, checking Dental managed care insurance to make sure Advantage Care is the dental home, answering phones and triaging calls in phone notes, inputting financial information to determine Sliding Fee, Collecting and posting payments, Ordering supplies for health Center, and other responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Patient Representative Brookville & Freeport location Flex up to 35 hrs per week including Sat & eves
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Basic Life Support/AED certification required
- Strong oral, written and organizational skills required
- Prior experience coordinating activities of a busy medical office or health care center, preferred
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR), preferred
- Excellent client /customer service orientation
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Enters/updates demographic information in required field of EMR and obtains photographs for EMR registration panel, e-mail addresses as needed
- Greets each patient professionally and make sure they sign in and are marked as arrived on schedule.
- Obtains signed documents (e.g. consents, financial, advance directives, etc.) from patient and scans in medical record
- Inputs financial information to determine level in Sliding Fee Scale.
- Completes purchase requisitions, scans documents, picks up and distributes mail.
- Checks and calls, as needed, all insurances as to the patient’s eligibility including, but not limited to, Medicaid, Medicare, and third party insurance.
- Verbally asks at each appointment about changes in insurance coverage, address, and phone numbers.
- Clears/monitors copier, shredder and fax folder
- Answers phone and documents in telephone note what is needed and sends to Medical Assistant folder.
- Faxes EMR documents as needed
- Receives payments by cash, charge and check and posts.
- Checks all frontend portal folders.
- Receives incoming calls from patients and schedules appointments.
- Confirms appointments for all new patients with personal phone call.
- Ensures that the appointment master scheduler is accurately maintained and updated as necessary.
- Blocks in appointment schedules vacation/personal/meeting/etc. dates/times for providers.
- Retrieves dental history from dental insurance website, notes what dental procedures have been completed with DOS, and forwards to dental staff.
- Enforces compliance with social distancing and adherence to PPE and infection protocols.
- Performs other related duties as requested by supervisor.
Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of work vary, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 8:30pm and Saturday 8:30am-3:30pm, 35 hours per week, flexible.
This job operates in both the Brookville and Freeport Advantage Care Locations. Travel is regular between both locations.