Callen-Lorde is seeking a dedicated, flexible individual to join our staff as a Patient Navigator (PN). The Patient Navigator will help ensure that the biopsychosocial continuum of care needs of Callen-Lorde patients are identified, and appropriate services accessed, coordinated, and monitored. The PN will facilitate patients’ transition into primary medical care, and work closely with a medical, nursing, and behavioral health care team to ensure appropriate linkage to supportive services, enrollment in programs to cover the cost of health care, as well as retention in care. In this role, you will work with a caseload of patients as well as provides services on a walk-in basis. The PN will work with any Callen-Lorde patient, both in the office as well as in the field as needed.
Callen-Lorde is open Monday - Saturday. This is a Monday-Friday work schedule and some evening hours will be required.
- College degree (BA/BS) in health/social services or related field required.
- Experience in social services, case management and/or entitlements work.
- Familiarity with LGBTQIA, HIV and health-related issues and community resources.
- Strong computer competency, including knowledge of Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Office Programs, and internet research savvy.
- Strong customer service orientation with an understanding of patient-led treatment.
- Experience working with individuals with a spectrum of chronic illness conditions preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Desired Characteristics, Skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities and communities of color.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently yet be team focused.
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and helpful under stress.
- Motivation to provide excellent patient care.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/