Callen-Lorde is seeking an exceptionally friendly and detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a Patient Care Associate (PCA). PCAs are a part of our dynamic medical team and work in collaboration with our medical staff to ensure optimal patient care. The PCA is responsible for providing front desk reception and maintaining an efficient flow of patients, visitors, and phone calls into the various systems of Callen-Lorde. PCAs provide administrative support to the clinical staff as well as assist with the collection of patient registration, billing, and payment data. The PCA is a primary customer service contact with our patients, therefore, must be courteous, patient, and professional at all times.
Callen-Lorde's main site in Chelsea is open Monday through Saturday. This is a full-time position that will require three morning and daytime shifts, two evening shifts, and one Saturday per month.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BS/BA degree in a Social Service related discipline preferred
- Experience in a medical service environment, specifically with front desk activities preferred
- Knowledge of Federal & NY State patient privacy regulations/laws a plus
Desired Characteristics, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with diverse populations including the LGBT community
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and helpful under stress
- Ability to multi-task
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/