The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides primary healthcare. The NP assumes responsibility for the continuum of care through ongoing assessment, diagnosis and management of medical conditions under established protocols and in collaboration with a physician and other medical personnel. The scope of practice includes pediatrics, adults and geriatric medicine and prenatal patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical and psychological health of individuals via medical history and physical examination.
- Works with physicians and other health care professionals to determine treatment options.
- Counsels, and advices, and educates patients and/or their family regarding their health, treatment options and progress.
- Requests and evaluates diagnostic tests as medically necessary.
- Coordinates community and hospital services, making appropriate medical and/or social service referrals as necessary.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with New York State law.
- Writes clear, concise and accurate medical notes in a timely manner according to HHC protocol.
- Participates in on site and off site medical education initiatives for self-development and growth.
- Participates in afterhours and on-call schedule with other Center physicians and PAs.
- Perform telehealth Home Visits for patients (with no web enablement and/or homebound) with medical and dental care needs.
- Abides by policies and procedures, by-laws and principles and practices of the Center.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Improvement Program including peer review.
- Telehealth Home Visits for patients (with or without web enablement and/or homebound) with medical and/or dental care needs
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Professional Nurse with a current license in New York State.
- Graduate of an approved certified NP program or Masters Prepared NP program.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Must be able to wear PPE (gowns, gloves, mask, face shield, shoe covers) for extended periods of time if needed due to isolation/protective patient needs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
- Ability to work within a diverse population.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: May be required to travel to other HHC locations as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds.