We are currently seeking a Medical Provider to join our team as a Medical Provider (MD/NP/PA). The Provider will be responsible for screening, diagnoses, and treatment of Callen-Lorde patients, for providing such care in a sensitive and non-judgmental manner, and for making appropriate internal and external referrals. As a provider you will provide comprehensive care to our patients according to pre-arranged schedules, documenting care promptly and following charting protocols, and ensure appropriate follow-up for all aspects of ordered care (e.g., specialty referrals, laboratory results, radiology reports, etc.). You will also be providing care to patients living with HIV. Medical providers new to HIV care will participate in didactics, precepting, and case conferencing in order to build competency in HIV care. Along with colleagues at Callen-Lorde you will assist in continuous quality improvement through ongoing problem/needs identification and problem-solving. Maintain familiarity with our clinical guidelines and current treatment protocols in areas such as transgender health, GEN care, and STI care. You are expected to maintain a high degree of professional competence and the highest possible ethical standards and to function as part of a caregiving team.
Callen-Lorde is open Monday through Saturday. This is a per diem position and we are seeking morning, afternoon, evening shifts, and rotating Saturdays. Callen-Lorde operates as a health care network with multiple locations (Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx).
- New York State Certification/Licensure according to degree
- Current New York State Registration
- DEA Controlled Substances Registration Certificate
- CPR Certification
- Experience serving Callen-Lorde’s target populations preferred
- Board certification or eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Infectious Disease for MDs/DOs
Desired Characteristics, Skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Commitment to community-based primary care.
- Ability to work within a team-based structure in a pod model.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Commitment to participating and being a champion of Callen-Lorde's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiative
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde.
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/