Union Community Health Center (UNION) is one of the largest FQHC’s in New York State, serving approximately 38,000 patients from six locations in the central Bronx. The service area is comprised of over 600,000 individuals whose majority of incomes are at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
PRINCIPAL MISSION: Our team is responsible for the integration of behavioral health into primary care with the specific aim of increasing access to care, reducing morbidity of both mental and physical disorders, and strengthening the treatment of mental health disorders in primary care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- LMSW/LCSW will be part of a team focused on integrating behavioral health treatment into primary care.
- Work directly with nursing, primary care physicians and behavioral health staff treating depression and anxiety in an outpatient collaborative care model.
- Conduct initial screening, evaluation and diagnosing underlying mental illness.
- Provide short-term psychotherapeutic methods to children ages 5 and above, adolescents, adults, families and couples with familiarity using supportive therapy, motivational interviewing, PST, CBT.
- Employ crisis intervention and serve as a consultant to primary care physicians and nursing staff.
- Participate in daily huddles in family practice, internal medicine and pediatrics.
- Attend behavioral health team rounds, weekly group supervision and present complex and new cases.
- Document in EMR in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily tracking log and submit on a monthly basis.
- Promote awareness of behavioral health through outreach.
- Adhere to Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Adhere to center policies, treating patients, visitors, and co-workers in a professional manner, exercising courtesy and tact. Effectively communicate with patients and others about UCHC services in their area of expertise or responsibility and ensure that concerns, questions or issue reach the right person (s) in UCHC in a timely fashion.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Licensure required Valid NY State LMSW/ LCSW
- Experience working in primary care setting preferred
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal
- English fluency/Spanish preferred but no required
- Sensitivity to cultural, religious, racial, disability and gender issues.
Department: Behavioral Health
Position type: Full Time/Part Time/Per Diem
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Mildred Casiano, LCSW-R, MPH
Director of Behavioral Health
Union Community Health Center
260 East 188th Street
Bronx, New York 10458