The mission of the Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS) is to champion community-centered primary care in New York State through leadership, advocacy, and support of Community Health Centers. To do this, CHCANYS serves as the voice of community health centers, working to ensure that every New York State community has primary care that encompasses all aspects of each patient’s health and well-being. CHCANYS is a dynamic, team-oriented, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and as New York State’s Primary Care Association (PCA), advocates on behalf of and provides technical assistance to federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) throughout New York State. New York’s nearly 800 FQHCs sites provide comprehensive, community-based primary and preventative care services to 2.2 million New Yorkers annually, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. CHCANYS is nationally recognized for its programs in health policy, performance improvement, health information technology, health system planning, and training and technical assistance (T/TA).
Using our online portal and the Navigator’s personalized user account, the Navigator will provide valuable services to individual consumers, families, and small businesses and their employees seeking to obtain health insurance through NY State of Health. Navigators will provide education on the Affordable Care Act and the insurance products available through NYS State of Health. Working in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic work environments, Navigators will provide in-person application assistance to individuals, families, and small businesses and their employees at initial enrollment and when renewing coverage. Navigators remove barriers to the application process by providing assistance in multiple languages in community-based settings during non-traditional hours such as evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Navigator Project Supervisor. NOTE: This position is located in Erie County of New York State.
● Advising consumers on eligibility for premium subsidies and public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid and Child Health Plus); assisting consumers in choosing an appropriate qualified health plan; and enrolling consumers into public and/or private health coverage through the NY State of Health portal.
● Educating consumers on their benefits and responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act. Maintaining thorough records of services provided, as well as outreach and education activities provided on a monthly basis. Providing reports as required in a timely manner.
● Scheduling and maintaining appointments with potentially eligible consumers.
● Conducting community outreach to potential enrollees, and using only State-approved outreach materials when conducting community outreach activities.
● Screening clients for eligibility to complete the Patient Activation Measurement tool (PAM), and assisting eligible clients with completing the PAM
● Ensuring all applications are accurately completed and submitted on time, adhering to submission deadlines.
● Meeting productivity and quality performance targets, and attending scheduled staff meetings and training sessions.
● Signing annually and abiding by the Certificate Regarding State and Federal Confidentiality Requirements.
● Other responsibilities as identified by the Navigator Program Manager.
● High School Diploma or equivalent. BA/BS degree preferred.
● Minimum of one year related experience providing assistance to consumers and/or advocates on health insurance and health care access issues.
● Valid NYS Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as detailed in the CHCANYS Personnel Policies and Procedures.
The Community Health Care Association of New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CHCANYS to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment, compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (including "gender identity" - which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with the legal sex assigned to the person at birth), disability, age (18 and over), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, marital status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, sexual orientation, or status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking. CHCANYS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination. We encourage applications from people of all gender identities and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions unless such accommodation causes an undue hardship. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials. While work is normally performed in an office setting, the individual must have the ability to travel, depending on assignments/projects.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
** When applying, please include a cover letter and your salary requirements. **
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.