Under general supervision of the CEO, this position performs a variety of administrative and technical duties requiring a thorough knowledge of organizational procedures and precedents. Also supervised by the Chief Human Resources Officer: partners with the Chief Human Resources Officer and HR Team to ensure employees are compliant and up to date regarding Training requirements, as well as to manage and update HHC-compliant employment advertisements to ensure maximum employment ad visibility to qualified job candidates.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for administrative support to CEO, and other Senior Management Team members as needed. Maintains executive appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings.
- Prepares and distributes materials and minutes for regularly scheduled meetings including: Board of Directors, Governance Committee, Management, Operations and Quality Assurance. Uploads materials to the board portal as needed.
- Manage Corporate Learning system, completing departmental user reports, uploading courses and ensuring all staff are up to date with classes.
- Responsible for posting and managing employment advertisements.
- Coordination of provider contract reviews.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of special projects assigned by members of the Senior Management team such as creation of training materials, financial and staffing reports.
- Actively participates on the Employee Events Committee.
- Back up to the Office Administrator, assisting with incoming and outgoing mail in their absence.
- Works a flexible schedule as necessary to meet business needs.
- Performs other duties as necessary and as assigned by immediate supervisor.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Advanced executive team administrative experience. Experience working in a health care environment a plus.
- Ability to perform confidential work requiring independent judgment with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to learn, interpret and apply organizational policies, laws, rules and regulations.
- Board of Directors administrative support experience a plus.
- Administrative working knowledge and experience with the Relias training platform, or other similar compliance-related Learning Management System (LMS) platforms a plus.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Board portals).
- Strong professional presentation.
- Clear and professional written and oral communication.
- Strong ability to interact internal and external consumers in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Occasional travel to other Hometown Health Centers offices required.
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth. Hometown Health Centers offers a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible hours and 11 paid holidays a year.
Interested, check us out at www.hometownhealthcenters.org