Advantage Care’s dental team is one of the few on Long Island with the training and experience necessary to meet the needs of all patients including those with special needs and those requiring general anesthesia.
- Medical degree conferred by an accredited college or university required.
- Board Certified and New York State licensure required.
- 24 Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (2 years).
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification Required.
- Relevant experience in a teaching medical institution supervising dental residents required.
- Familiarity serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, developmental delays or disabilities desirable.
- Five years management and supervisory experience preferred.
- National Provider Identifier
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums, and related oral structures:
- examines patient to determine nature of condition, utilizing x rays, dental instruments, and other diagnostic procedures;
- Cleans, fills, extracts, and replaces teeth, using rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and surgical implements;
- Provides preventive dental services to patient, such as applications of fluoride and sealants to teeth, and education in oral and dental hygiene;
- Provides guidance and direction to dental staff, including dental residents;
- Participates in the development and annual review of policies and procedures for various health care facility dental activities;
- Participates in health care facility committees as necessary;
- Represents the health care facility at conferences and/or community meetings; including NYS Dental Task Force meetings;
- Facilitates development or expansion of the dental program services for scientific research, preventive dentistry and community health and welfare promotion.
- Ensures adherence to all applicable program statutes, regulations and appropriate insurance billing practices;
- Provides quality assurance reviews of health care facility’s dental records;
- Develop and oversee performance improvement process related to dental services;
- Quarterly, in collaboration with Medical Director, participate in quality improvement, infection control and record review;
- Ensures annual fulfillment of the health care facility’s commitment for ensuring quality care.
There are no physical requirements for this position.
Advantage Care Health Center Advantage Care Health Center provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state and city entities. This includes non-discrimination in employment and employee health benefits based on genetic information as outlined in The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA). This policy applies to all the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. Advancement to positions of greater responsibility is based on an individual’s abilities and demonstrated performance.