The Dental Coordinator contributes to the administration oversight of the dental department by facilitating delivery of dental services by the dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in dental hygiene required; Bachelor’s preferred.
- EMR experience required.
- Eligible to participate in NYS Medicaid program.
- Administrative experience in a dental institution required. Familiarity serving persons with development disabilities or disabilities desirable.
- Five (5) years management and supervisory experience required.
- Strong ability to support/direct dental department staff effectively.
- Strong oral, written and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulatory requirements required.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements preferred.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- confers with Director on policies and procedural changes;
- confers with Director on procedures for hiring of dental department staff and participates in hiring, promotion and supervising of dental department staff;
- establishes work schedules and assigns duty stations to maximize efficient use of dental assistants provision of patient care;
- observes dental department staff at work to facilitate safe and ethical practices and solve problems and demonstrate techniques;
- confers with the Director regarding budget and statistical reports used to justify expenditures for equipment, supplies and personnel;
- assists with the annual Quality Assurance Plan regarding dental services;
- participates in the development and annual review of dental policies/procedures;
- participates in dental department and other health care facility committees, as necessary;
- represents dental department at conferences/community meetings, including OPWDD Dental Task Force;
- assists with development or expansion of dental department for scientific research, preventive dentistry and community health and welfare promotion;
- supports adherence to all applicable dental department statutes, regulations and appropriate insurance billing practices;
- participates in Infection Control and Quality Assurance;
- assist in the annual fulfillment of the dental department’s commitment for ensuring quality care;
- compliance with social distancing, adherence to PPE and infection protocols.