The Quality Improvement Coordinator (Coordinator) will work directly with the Manager of Quality Improvement to implement Quality Improvement projects. Responsibilities can include patient outreach related to care gap closure, preventative care, and health maintenance reminders. This role also participates in meetings related to quality improvement efforts and represents the quality team on health IT initiatives, and insurance incentive programs. The Coordinator will support the Quality Improvement Manager in implementing quality improvement efforts and provide direct patient outreach to improve health outcomes.
A few general responsibilities:
- Organize and promote the use of CPCI and pre-visit huddling
- Work with Community Health Analytics, HIT, and Communications on Quality Improvement Projects such as monthly health initiatives, Tobacco Cessation, Mammography projects, and increasing PHQ2 screenings.
- Compile monthly data reports, dashboard, and PowerPoint for QMG and the Board meeting and provide quarterly reports for the clinical care committee, and NYU Langone as directed by the Quality Improvement Manager.
- Train staff and provide data entry support on documentation of all patient outreaches in EHR and where needed.
- Support Quality Improvement Manager in the supervision of interns and volunteers.
- High School diploma and relevant work experience required
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Quality Improvement
- 2-3 years of administrative or office work experience
- Experience working in outpatient primary care, hospital, or other medical settings
- Knowledge or experience with health plans preferred
- Finance experience preferred
Desired Characteristics, Skills
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/