The Behavioral Health Integrated Services Coordinator HOTT Program is responsible for managing behavioral health services delivered as part of the HOTT program, including supervision, evaluation, and oversight of HOTT behavioral health providers. The coordinator ensures the provision of behavioral health and case management services to adolescent and young adults living with and at risk for HIV, who are patients in the HOTT clinic. This includes grants management by ensuring that services are provided in accordance with NYS (New York State) Department of Health, Ryan White, and AIDS Institute standards and best practices in the field of behavioral health. This position ensures HOTT patients have timely access to behavioral health and related social services through tracking and reducing patient wait time for such services and prioritizing access based on such factors as presenting issues, urgency, and date of referral. The coordinator works closely with therapy and psychiatry providers and case management staff and ensures on-going coordination of internal and external referrals for patients, who have successfully utilized short term behavioral health services for 6 consecutive months. This position will also provide crisis intervention, time-limited individual therapy, and related case management services to a case load of adolescents and young adults living with or at risk for HIV.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work and NYS licensure as an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- A minimum of three (3) years postgraduate experience in a health /behavioral health, and/or social services setting preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge working with youth.
- Knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and HIV health/ behavioral health issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple evidence-based approaches to behavioral health treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the provision of direct social services, problem-solve, and optimize service delivery systems.
Desired Characteristics, Skills
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
- Love of working with adolescents and young adults; competence working with disenfranchised youth.
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
All full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, tuition assistance, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, commuter benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Learn more about our employee benefits https://callen-lorde.org/benefits/