RESPONSIBILITIES: The Chief Operating Officer is designated by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to maintain overall administrative and building oversight for the agency, including but not limited to planning and coordinating all aspects of programs, services, and operations of the East Harlem Council for Human Services, Inc. (Council). Monitors the effective operational functioning of the Boriken Neighborhood Health Center. Provides assistance for management of Senior Nutrition Program, Bilingual Headstart and School Based Health Program as requested by CEO.
SUPERVISES: Director of Operations, Director of Facilities and IT
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Executive Officer
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree and at least five years of solid experience in operations and administration in health and human services, planning and development fields.
- Should have basic knowledge to create financial spreadsheets in Excel for budget preparation, maintenance, variance analysis, adjustment and review.
- Excellent computational skills required.
- Leadership qualities to include the ability to identify qualified staff, gain their respect and confidence by effectively engaging them in a manner which reflects a recognition of their abilities and skills while taking responsibility as a leader and final decision maker with ultimate responsibility in all areas of program operations.
- A proven track record of meeting or surpassing measurable performance goals.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to analyze complex issues and implement effective solutions.
- Team players possess independent judgment, be action and results oriented with a desire to work in a high-pressure work setting.
- Crisis Management abilities
- Ability to work any schedule
- COVID vaccine required
Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications. The Chief Operating Officer may be required to perform additional duties as assigned by the executive team.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $185,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
EHCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. East Harlem residents encouraged to apply.
Please forward resume & cover letter including salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
East Harlem Council for Human Services, Inc.
2265 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10035-2231
FAX: (212)289.0280, email: firstname.lastname@example.org