Advantage Care’s team of compassionate and caring medical professionals have the training and experience necessary to deliver high quality health care services to all patients including those with special needs. The Advantage Care team is committed to forming a relationship with you to help meet your health and wellness goals.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Completed CMA course work from an accredited training institution pending CMA certification.
- Basic Life Support Certification/AED Certification.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills required.
- Prior experience coordinating activities of a busy medical office or health care center, preferred.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Word applications
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR), preferred.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
The Certified Medial Assistant (CMA) performs any combination of following duties under direction of physician to assist in examination and treatment of patients.
- prepare examination/treatment rooms; measure vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature,blood pressure) as well as height and weight and records information in EMR
- interviews patients, oversees the enrollment process
- coordinate care with CLS services as a liaison w/specialists, hospitalists, day program and home health agencies
- inventory and order medical supplies and materials
- maintain log books for quality control;
- provides preventive health education;
- inventory (vendors, labs, pharmacy);
- hand instruments and materials to doctor, as directed;
- secures past medical/psychiatric/dental data including medication profiles
- clean and sterilize instruments
- operate electronic electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls a medical facility to schedule patients for tests
- administer treatments, and performs phlebotomy and other routine laboratory tests
- faxing, scanning, email, make calls
- assist with specimen handling
- assist in developing and implementing desensitization programs
- participate in meetings or case conferences, coordinates care/pre-visit planning for MDs and coordinates with Clinical Nurse Manager
- provide educational support to patients and direct care professionals on behalf of patient
- process forms such as SS, guardianship, camp
- participates in daily huddle
- perform all other related duties, as requested by supervisor