Position Title: Assistant Director of Population Health
Reports to: Chief of Population Health
Reporting to this position: Health Educators, Program Manager of Population Health, Outreach
OVERVIEW: Founded in 1996 to ensure that the socio-economically depressed and medically
underserved residents of the Bronx have access to high-quality and comprehensive healthcare
services, Bronx Community Health Network (BCHN) is a not-for-profit, community-based
organization and Federally Qualified Health Center. The organization has a sub-recipient
agreement with Montefiore Medical Group to provide a wide range of comprehensive,
coordinated primary medical, oral, and mental health care and related diagnostic, pharmacy,
social support, and enabling services for medically underserved/uninsured residents. BCHN’s
approved scope includes 9 Montefiore community health centers and 9 school-based health
centers. In early 2023, BCHN will launch construction on its own community health center with
an array of services. This addition is strategically placing BCHN on a new pathway – the direct
delivery of primary care.
BCHN’s mission is to: improve the health of people and families in the Bronx; provide access to
affordable, quality health care, especially for uninsured persons; promote disease prevention,
early treatment, and healthful lifestyles; and obtain financial and other resources for programs
BCHN’s service area includes the entire borough of the Bronx, including all 25 ZIP codes. Within
this area, Health Center sites focus on the low-income and underserved populations.
Job Summary: The Assistant Director of Population Health (ADPH) reports to the Chief
Population Health Officer, and will be responsible for the overall development, implementation,
and evaluation of programs relevant to BCHN's health promotion work. ADPH will lead
programs, initiatives, and projects and ensure their successful operation. The ADPH will lead
and develop a team of professionals within BCHN's Population Health Department. The ADPH
will collaborate with BCHN's executive and management team and external partners.
- Direct and lead population health programs, initiatives, and projects and ensure their successful operations to support the organization's mission and Strategic Plan
- Lead the team to identify priority community needs, gaps in services, and areas for enhancement and development of BCHN's Strategic Plan
- Introduce evidence or practice-based health promotion and wellness programs to address priority community needs
- Assess for staff's training & technical assistance needs and facilitate/coordinate training and technical assistance needed to ensure staff's maximal performance.
- Assure that BCHN's CPHO and other executive and management teams and stakeholders/partners receive timely, relevant information to assess progress and evaluate the performance of programs.
- Represent BCHN at community/stakeholder meetings and events, as well as lectures, seminars, and conferences that will support BCHN's population health projects.
- Enhance community engagement by recruiting community partners and collaborating with them to improve population health
- Direct and manage the operations of Population Health Manager(s), Health Educators, and Outreach Specialists.
- Collaborate with CPHO, CMO, QI Director, CFO, and other executive team members to develop key performance indicators (KPI) for grants and programs. Collaborate with the IT/Communications team to design data collection, analysis, reporting tools, and dashboards, and regularly assess the data collection tools, data repository, and reporting templates for maximum efficiency.
- Manage administrative tasks such as employees' performance assessments, compliance with annual in-service training and documentation of training, certifications, time and attendance tracking and reporting, time off and vacations, certifications, etc.
- Other activities/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or other related fields
- In-depth knowledge of population health-based models, practices, and strategies that promote health and wellness.
- An excellent record of at least 3 years of experience supervising and coaching health and social service professionals.
- At least 5 years of developing, directing/managing, and implementing population health models and strategies to promote health and wellness and reduce health disparities in minority populations.
- Familiarity with national, state, and local (especially Bronx-specific) standards, policies, and initiatives around health and wellness.
- Experience and knowledge supervising unionized workforce.
- Knowledge and familiarity with health, social services, education organizations, as well as public and private enterprises.
- Experience developing relationships and partnerships with national, city, and local organizations.
- Results-oriented, able to meet program goals and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaborative skills.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Services Administration, or other related fields
- Knowledge of population-and evidence-based models and strategies that support associate job development and organization health and wellness programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally using written and oral reports and presentations to associates and a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Supervisory and management skills
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES)
To apply, please send your resume to Tashi Chodon at email@example.com.