When: Every Thursday Beginning May 18, 2023 from 12:00 – 1:00 PM Eastern Time
What: The Opioid Rapid Response and Pain Management ECHO is a program designed to provide clinicians in primary care with training on pain management, opioid prescribing risks, and overdose prevention. This 8- week, case-based curriculum covers pain management strategies, including non-opioid and non-pharmacologic treatment options, substance use screening, risk reduction counseling, and tapering strategies for opioids and benzodiazepines.
Who: This program is led by University of New Mexico faculty and consultants:
- Snehal Bhatt, MD-Addiction Psychiatry
- Radhika Grandhe, MDAnesthesia/Pain
- Vanessa Jacobsohn, MDFamily Medicine and Addiction Medicine
- Joanna Katzman, MDNeurology/Pain
- Brandon Warrick, MDToxicology, Addiction Medicine and Emergency Medicine
Click here for more information.