Trillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Practice Provider, Mobile Clinic. Hours are 2 pm - 9 pm with potential rotating Saturday.
• Develops an acceptable practice agreement with a collaborating physician.
• Submits proof of the practice agreement with an appropriate physician, licensed to practice in New York State, to the State Education Department within 90 days of employment.
• Maintains appropriate credentials to practice at Trillium Health.
• Will be working primarily on an RV-style mobile clinic with 2 exam rooms. The mobile clinic will be driven to different locations within Trillium Health’s service area in the Greater Rochester and Southern Tier regions. The mobile clinic is scheduled to begin and end each day at the Trillium Health location at 259 Monroe Avenue, Rochester.
• Some clinical time may occur at Trillium Health’s primary care location(s). • Other duties as assigned, including and not limited to peer chart reviews and quality assurance/continuous improvement activities. Patient Care
• APP Mobile Clinic will perform duties under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer or their designee and the oversight of the supervising/assigned Physician.
• APP Mobile Clinic will follow best practice standards for patient-centered, trauma-informed, optimal primary, infectious disease, and sexual health care.
• APP Mobile Clinic will communicate as appropriate with referring provider and/or collaborating providers within Trillium Health and externally regarding update on patient status.
• APP Mobile Clinic will perform and utilize the following skills/tools: o Perform physicals, face-to-face patient visits, review laboratory and test results, perform office procedures as experience and credentialing allow.
Education - provide health teaching to patients and partners as necessary to improve patient health status and patient outcomes. o Health Promotion - provides information on disease prevention and treatment, treatment adherence, healthy choices, and decreasing high-risk behaviors. o Supervision – oversees clinical interventions by the Mobile Clinic RN and MOA/PSR. o Rotating 24-hour phone-based call system to include urgent patient communications, ED visits, hospital admissions, critical lab values, etc. o Provide primary medical care to diverse populations, including patients who are LGBTQ, abuse drugs, and/or have HIV/Hep C. o Submit thorough, accurate and timely documentation of all care as required by policy and procedure.
• Precepting students, residents and other medical staff during elective rotations at Trillium Health
• Required to obtain 50 or more CME credits per year to remain eligible for medical staff credentialing and commercial insurance crediting.
• Requires the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, races, sexual orientations and gender identities or expressions. • Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, clients, proprietary, and protected information.
• Employees are accountable for meeting performance standards of their departments. They participate in compliance audits and quality improvement plans.
• Other specific duties as assigned. Qualifications Physician Assistant Degree with certification or a Master’s agree as a Nurse Practitioner in Family Practice or Internal Medicine. A buprenorphine waiver is required for this position. Three years of experience working as an APP serving medically complex individuals is highly preferred. Experience working in community-based health care settings is also preferred. An understanding of EMRs is helpful. The ability to demonstrate teamwork and effective interpersonal relations skills is imperative. Excellent written/oral communication and computer skills are required.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
apply online at https://www.trilliumhealth.org/en/291/careers