General Job Statement: As a member of BCHN, the Student Career Development Coordinator will work with the Montefiore School Health Program to plan, implement, supervise and evaluate all workforce development programs and internship activities in the School Health curriculum including focusing on education, skill development, job counseling, internship placements, resume writing, and interview preparation and techniques.
• Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate all workforce development programs
• Develop internship activities and incorporate into the School Health curriculum
• Focus on education, skill development, job counseling, internship placements, resume writing, and interview preparation and techniques
• Develop and foster healthy relationships, with all students, parents or guardians, staff, and other members of the School Health Team.
• Find and keep competitive employment or internships that are consistent with students vocational or career goals.
• Conduct outreach, seek out new prospects, establish community linkages and other partners, e.g., HRA, Workforce career centers, etc.
• Assist students find and keep competitive employment or internships that are consistent with their vocational or career goals.
• Make referrals to employment and vocational training, as needed.
• Assists students with resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation and workforce readiness.
• Provide students with information regarding training and employment opportunities.
• Conduct job/internship development and search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the student.
• Provide and/or coordinate individual counseling for personal adjustment to career/vocational plan.
• Collaborate with school principals, students, their families, and the Montefiore School Health Program to increase healthy behaviors associated with successful school achievement and overall youth development.
• Work in a confidential capacity with students and their families to provide student support and/or academic achievement framework.
• Assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
• Requires an Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral.
• Bilingual: Spanish, preferred.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
• Experience in career development, providing job skills assessment/training for high school students.
• Committed to working with at-risk youth; ability to function well in group and a team.