Heritage Health and Housing, Inc
Position Title: Controller
416 West 127th Street
New York, NY 10027
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: 212-866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Incumbents in this job may have access to proprietary consumer or company information and must maintain the privacy and confidentiality of this information. All employees must perform their jobs with a focus on risk management, occupational safety and health, and providing internal and external customer service. Employees working in a supervisory capacity must practice effective human resources practices to ensure a healthy working environment.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Prepare financial statements, management and Board of Directors’ reports.
- Prepare various year ended schedules as requested by external auditors.
- Worked exclusively with external auditors on Agency’s audit which includes A-133, also various State and Federal agencies audits.
- Implement an array of accounting systems to ensure all accounting/internal controls, procedures are followed and maintained according to GAAP and GASB requirements.
- Assist in cost savings (Payroll, consultants, purchasing policies and staff to budget).
- Increase cash flow, reduce current ratio, and also increase billings by doing it In-house.
- Institute inventory control of fixed assets and required register.
- Ensure all fixed assets, depreciation and amortization schedule matches to general ledger.
- Maintained 25 years old profit sharing plan and coordinated the relevant audit and ERISA requirements.
- Coordinated conversion and transition of 401(a) to 403(b), liaise with legal counsel.
- Approve all Accounts Payable checks requests.
- Reconciled all Accounts Receivable and coordinate collections process.
- Bank Reconciliations and provide bank with Positive Pay (Chase), daily deposits.
- Monitoring payroll and PTO for approx 300 employees.
- Process Journal entries, accruals and prepayments items, Monthly and year ended closing entries.
- Assist in the preparation and review of annual budget.
- CFR, Medicare and Medicaid billings.
- Expert in HUD drawdowns, OMH and New York State/City contracts (DOHMH/DHS/HRA).
- Timely preparation of REAC and RPIE for the Agency’s various real estate holdings.
- Recertification of Not-For-Profit Commercial Exemptions for various properties to NYC Department of Finance.
This position does supervise others.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors degree in Accounting with five years of not for profit experience. Master’s degree preferred. Knowledge of FundEZ, ADP or similar accounting packages.
The Controller is assigned to the Administrative Office. The Controller may be required to travel to other sites based on the needs of the agency.
Please send resume and cover letter along with salary requirement to email@example.com
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Finance