Heritage Health and Housing, Inc.
Position Title: Front Desk Receptionist-Part Time
416 West 127th Street
New York, NY 10027
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Kenya Salaudeen
Contact Phone: (212) 866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The receptionist is responsible for professionally and efficiently managing visitors, consumers, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of administrative and clerical duties that support consumer services.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee and consumer requests and questions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operate and manage the office’s telephone switchboard
- Transfer all calls to appropriate staff
- Receive all consumers and visitors
- Provide general information about the agency as requested by callers and visitors
- Receive and send all parcels and mail to the appropriate parties
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of activities and problems, and, when called for, makes recommendations of corrective actions to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain working knowledge of staff whereabouts
- Ensure that the reception area is clean/tidy and professional at all times
- Assist with other relevant duties as needed and as directed
- Assist Director of Human Resources by participating in all staff activities including but not limited to holiday parties, staff outings, etc.
- All other duties assigned.
Position does not supervise others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of computers and internet required
- Must display strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with discretion within a confidential environment
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact and influence at all levels of the Agency
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently, accurately and meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Please submit coverletter and resume to email@example.com.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Travel Desired: No Travel
Job Type: Front Office Support