Heritage Health and Housing Health Center
Position Title: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
1727 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10031
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: 212-866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Functions as an Advanced Practice Nurse under the direct supervision of the Clinic Physician, to provide primary care to health center and the School Based Center patients. The Nurse Practitioners use a nursing model that focuses on holistic patient care, including health promotion and behavior change.
Incumbents in this job may have access to proprietary consumer or company information and must maintain the privacy and confidentiality of this information. All employees must perform their jobs with a focus on risk management, occupational safety and health, and providing internal and external customer service. Employees working in a supervisory capacity must practice effective human resources practices to ensure a healthy working environment.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Provides age-appropriate patient care
- Elicits, records and interprets the past medical history, family and social history as
- it applies to patients
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to plan, deliver and evaluate health care for a defined patient population
- Orders and performs necessary diagnostic tests, procedures and therapeutic interventions as identified in the plan of care. These procedures are to be according to established protocols in which the NP is trained and approved to implement
- Collaborate with nursing staff/nursing administration to monitor and evaluate the quality of patient care.
- Determine nursing care requirements and develop programs for a specific patient population, with regard to patient condition and age, and follow universal precautions.
- Promote and support the patient health maintenance that spans the continuum of health from outpatient to inpatient settings and back to the home care arena.
- Perform medical diagnostic, therapeutic procedures, and prescribe, dispense or deliver medications according to the Heritage Health and Housing Inc, collaborative practice agreement
- Provide anticipatory guidance and counseling to patients/families.
- Completes timely documentation of patient assessment and plan of care in the medical record and generate appropriate health reports for outgoing correspondence.
- Initiate and coordinate referrals to other health care team members or agencies.
- Serve in a consultative resource capacity by providing expert knowledge and behavioral skills that impact clinical practice and patient outcomes.
- Participates in the development, utilization and evaluation of resources to meet patient/family educational needs.
- Provide health promotion education and serve as a resource for nursing staff in area of clinical expertise.
- Participates in community events to promote the mission of the Health Center
- Generates reports regarding health care for particular patient populations.
- Incorporate best practices standards as a Nurse Practitioner in the care and treatment of all patients
- Participates in development and implementation of divisional and departmental quality assessment/improvement/health services evaluation programs and processes.
- Responsible for administrative activities and special projects as assigned
- Contributes toward the achievement of divisional and departmental goals
- Participate and contribute to activities that enhance clinical expertise and nursing knowledge.
- Knowledge of Current Procedural terminology coding (ICD-9 codes) as required by third party payors.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the supervising physician and other members of the health care team
- Serve as a member of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee and any other Committee as assigned
- Provides direction to medical students, interns, or residents assigned for training.
- prior experience with electronic health record systems
This position does not supervise others.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with people from culturally diverse background
- Be able to display age-specific competency
- Ability to manage time well and work in a fast past ambulatory health care environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must be currently licensed with the New York State Board of Registered Nursing.
- Must be certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, and Adult Practice Nurse Practitioner
- National Certification preferred. Maintain DEA registration.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience as an NP in one of the areas noted.
- Must function according to standing orders developed in consultation with the Medical Director/Clinic Physician
- A Master's degree is required
- A Master's degree in Nursing is preferred
Pleaase submit resume and coverletter to email@example.com
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Nursing