Heritage Health Center
Position Title: Physician
1727 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10027
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: (212) 866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Primary Care Physician at Heritage Health Center is primarily responsible for providing medical services for community residents in an ambulatory care setting; the work of the Primary Care Physician is directed by the Chief Medical Officer.
Incumbents in this job may have access to proprietary consumer or company information and must maintain the privacy and confidentiality of this information. All employees must perform their jobs with a focus on risk management, occupational safety and health, and providing internal and external customer service. Employees working in a supervisory capacity must practice effective human resources practices to ensure a healthy working environment.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ensures complete adherence to contractual agreements, including all Health Center’s policies, procedures, and best practice protocols established and within the designate scope of professional area of practice.
- Adheres to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Determines which referrals are appropriate and required based on examination and patient needs
- Assess and determine levels of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
- Appropriately prescribes medical treatment and medication to patients
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, pharmacists, psychologists and other health care providers.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients
- Ensures timely and appropriate documents all intervention and or services done on patient’s behalf in the EHR
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
- Continually consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education of patients
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing and medical assistant staff
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
- Maintain an affiliation with professional groups, medical associations, and medical organizations, as per policies established and represent Heritage Health Center in all meetings of these associations and organizations as assigned
- Excellent understanding and familiarity Federal, State, and local rules, regulations, and practices in a Community Health Center.
- Assist in developing the Health Center’s Federal “Health Care Plan” and review of the program requirements, and recommend changes when necessary to carry out the health plan as required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Position does supervise others: Medical Students, RN, Medical Assistants, and Volunteers.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Performs in a tactful and professional manner
- Excellent computer skill that includes sound knowledge of the use of an HER
- Degree in medicine from an accredited school and valid/current licensed to practice in New York State
- Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
- Minimum two years of direct work or intern experience
- Professional clinical experience in specific area of practice, i.e. “Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics etc.”
- Board certification or eligibility for said certification
- Current BLS and Infection Control Certificates
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Physicians