Heritage Health and Housing, Inc.
Position Title: Dental Assistant
416 West 127th Street
New York, NY 10027
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: (212) 866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Assists the Dentist in performing all extra-oral duties involving the treatment of patients and ensures smooth operation of the dental practice.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ensures room is stocked and presentable
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patients mouth
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions
- Assist Dentist with documentation of dental care services in the patient electronic health record
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Dental Assistant's program.
- Dental health maintenance
- Use of dental technology
- Infection control
- Patient services
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Listening, teamwork, bedside manner
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Use of medical technologies
- Performing diagnostic procedures
Please send coverletter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Dental