Morris Heights Health Center
Position Title: Internist
85 W Burnside Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
Contact Name: Yvette Woodley
Contact Phone: 718-483-1206
Contact Fax: 718-294-0783
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
MHHC is seeking a dynamic Internal Medicine Physician (Internist) to join our expanding Health Center in the Bronx.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests, formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment, and counsels patients
- Counsels patients on diet, hygiene and preventive health care with accountability for clinical outcomes.
- Provides patient medical follow-up and assists specialist in providing treatment for such patients.
- Consult with appropriate medical specialist when necessary; refer patient to subspecialists when indicated
- Ensure performance improvement initiatives are supported with timely and accurate data and consistent actions
- Provides medical supervision to assigned staff or nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistants, medical residents, students and other paraprofessionals.
The position requires a medical degree from a medical college approved by the AMA along with experience in patient care in a large primary care environment.
- Completed internship and residency training from an approved medical facility
- Board certified or board eligible by specialty board
- Must have strong focus on wellness and prevention, effective communication skills, compassion for engaging patients and EMR experience
- Focused on collaborative team-based care
- Comfortable working in a high accountability environment and receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Passionate about providing high quality care to low-income, underserved residents and those lacking access to health care
- Spanish and/or Bengali language skills are very useful
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
-Must have a valid New York State license
-Must have Infection Control certification by a State approved facility
-Must have current copy of DEA Certificate
-Must have CPR/BLS certification
MHHC is an approved site for the National Health Service Corp Loan Forgiveness Program www.nhsc.org
Please e-mail your resume to Yvette Woodley - firstname.lastname@example.org OR to email@example.com
Compensation Range: commensurate w/ experience
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: No Travel
Job Type: Physicians