Position Title: Data Quality Specialist - Health Services Admin
57 Willoughby St.
Brooklyln, NY 11201
County: Kings (Brooklyn)
Contact Name: Alison Kliegman
Contact Phone: (347) 473-7400
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
In order to achieve success in a Value Based Payment (VBP) healthcare environment, healthcare centers need to accurately track and improve their clients’ health outcomes. This requires extensive use of electronic health data to inform provider decision-making (evidence based practice). We are seeking to hire a Data Quality Specialist who will help us prepare our electronic health data for Value Based Payment.
- Insure the accuracy of outcome related clinical data (ECWand e-ICare) from January 2013 to present.
- Recommend and assist in implementing a training and monitoring program to assure the accuracy of outcome related clinical data (ECWand e-ICare) going forward.
- Design and assist in implementing a system of automated “ticklers”/prompts/alerts for clinical and support staff geared to improving client health outcomes. Job Functions: eClinical Works (eCW) and eICare:
- Identify areas for data integrity improvement and define scope of project
- Develop data integrity training module and policies and procedures
- Implement data integrity training amongst interdisciplinary staff
- Develop monitoring tool for data integrity
- Monitor the effectiveness of interventions and identify areas for additional QI
- Work with staff to develop QI interventions to improve data quality
- Develop system for creating prompts
- Oversee monitoring of Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) prompts in eCW
- Monitor quality assurance data
- Analyze data from QA reports related to data quality
- Present data as requested at department and agency-wide meetings General:
- Perform special projects as requested by supervisor
- Participate in advocacy efforts and direct action to end the twin crises of homelessness and AIDS
- 3-5 years’ experience with an electronic health record (eClinical Works strongly preferred)
- 2-3 years’ experience running and analyzing canned reports from an electronic health record
- Experience creating and implementing training modules for interdisciplinary staff
- 1-2 years’ experience using quality improvement methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; clinical experience strongly preferred
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Data