Heritage Health and Housing, Inc.
Position Title: Chief Operating Officer
416 West 127th Street
10027 New York
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: (212) 866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Non-Member - Organizational
The COO reports directly to the CEO and as a member of the senior management team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for enhancing the internal organization processes and infrastructure that will allow HHH to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
Incumbents in this job may have access to proprietary consumer or company information and must maintain the privacy and confidentiality of this information. All employees must perform their jobs with a focus on risk management, occupational safety and health, and providing internal and external customer service. Employees working in a supervisory capacity must practice effective human resources practices to ensure a healthy working environment.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents in the job must be able to perform the key duties and responsibilities of the job and all other duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers under his/her supervision; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing a climate for offering information and opinions;
- Develop and lead a high performing team of program directors to ensure the overall success of all programs and services
- Writes, develop, implement, revise, update and drive policy, procedures and practices that achieve maximum effectiveness Heritage’s programs and that are in concert with the overall direction of the agency.
- Working in-tandem with the CEO and senior level staff provides troubleshooting to improve process, procedures, program outcomes that ensures goals, strategies, initiatives, and directives are implemented with a high degree of quality and in a timely manner.
- Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence.
- Ensures that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of HHH.
- Develops program specific strategic plans by studying industry changes that includes technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Provide direct oversight of contractual obligations with each of the funding agencies by working with senior level staff to establish objectives, plans, budgets, and results measurements, and the allocation of resources; while reviewing progress, and establishing corrective actions to ensure program compliance.
- By working in tandem with CEO is responsible for building the organization’s image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, clients/patients, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains the highest quality service by establishing and enforcing organization core values and national best practice standards
- Working with human resources, manage and oversee the human resource function for HHH, including: Recruitment, hiring, and compensation
- Benefits administration and oversight
- Professional training and development, including new employee orientation and retention strategies
- Regulatory oversight and legal compliance
- Ensuring that the human resource function is properly resourced and represented within the senior management team.
This position does supervise others.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MSW, MBA; MPA, MPH or related field preferred
- Strong operational experience: ideally has worked in a senior management role for 10+ years a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least three years experience in operational/administrative management
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, psychosocial programs, residential/housing program
- Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource
- Development, and strategic planning; demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems
- Ability to manage both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of nonprofit organizations
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at main office and scattered site locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of client/patient electronic health record, knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is preferred. Sound knowledge and experience with grant reporting.
Please submit resume and coverletter with salary requirement to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Compensation Range: 100K-130K
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Administration_Management