Joseph P Addabbo FHC, Inc.
Position Title: Dental Assistant
6200 Beach Channel Drive
Arverne, ny 11692
Contact Name: Brenda Morales
Contact Phone: 7189457150 Ext 1302
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center, Inc. is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center established in 1987 to provide comprehensive health services to the medically underserved residents in the county of Queens & Kings, New York. The Health Center is licensed by the State of New York as an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center (DT+C) and has recently received certification as a NCQA Level 3 - Medical Home.
We are currently seeking a Part time and Per Diems Dental Assistants. This position reports to the Dental Director and is responsible for providing Clinical suspport to the Dental providers including the below responsibilities.
- Maintains dental equipment in a neat, clean and sterile manner as outlined in Dental Infection Control Policy Manual.
- Maintains equipment drawers and cabinetry in an organized fashion with inventory as designated in the Dental Policy Manual.
- Prepares and tallies charts daily as necessary for patient care.
- Register patients at the beginning of the day and close encounters as the end of the day.
- Gives oral hygiene and post-operative instructions to patients as directed by the dentist.
- Maintains dental lab and office in a neat, clean condition.
- Prepares new patient charts and maintains existing charts to conform with chart organization protocol as specified in Dental Policy Manual.
- Takes, develops and mounts X-rays.
- Pours and trims patient study models.
- Assists in triage of dental emergency patients and reviews of medical history.
- Sets up dental equipment each morning and prior to each patient.
- “Breaks down” equipment at the end of each day.
- Acts as a dental receptionist including the scheduling of patients.
- Cleans and maintains X-ray processor per maintenance schedule as delegated by the Dental Director.
- Prepares insurance and Medicaid forms.
- Prepares lab cases for pick-up by lab courier and receives incoming cases.
- Deals with interdepartmental communication and assists with clerical duties as necessary.
- Provides all chair-side assistance to dentist in direct patient care.
- Scrubs and sterilizes instruments as outlined in Dental Infection Control Policy Manual.
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a formal Dental Assistant training program
- One year clinical experience preferred
- Ability to relate to children
- Ability to respond appropriately and respectfully to patients
Summary of benefits(For FT/PT Employees):
- Excellent Compensation
- Paid-Time-Off- Sick, Vacation, Holidays, Personal accruals
- Medical/Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 403(b)Retiring plan
If interested, please send your Resume to email@example.com with Dental Assistant in the subject line.
Compensation Range: Excellent Compensation
Compensation Type: Hourly
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Dental