Joseph P Addabbo FHC, Inc.
Position Title: Dental Hygienist
6200 Beach Channel Drive
Arverne, New York 11692
Contact Name: Brenda Morales
Contact Phone: (718)945-7150 Ext 1302
Contact Fax: (718)945-2596
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center, Inc. is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center established in 1987 to provide comprehensive health services to the medically underserved residents in the county of Queens & Kings, New York. The Health Center is licensed by the State of New York as an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center (DT+C) and has recently received certification as a NCQA Level 3 - Medical Home.
We are currently seeking a Part time Dental Hygienist. The Dental Hygienist at the Addabbo Health Center reports to the Dental Director and is responsible for providing comprehensive Dental care/preventive services including the below responsibilities.
- Prepares the treatment room for the patient by following the policy and protocol of Addabbo’s infection control policy.
- Prepares the patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating and draping the patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by removal of calculus deposits, strains from teeth and from beneath gingival margins.
- Conducts full mouth periodontal probing as requested by the dentist.
- Takes x-rays on patients under his or her schedule.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate the periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession, exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Applies fluoride varnish, especially to children, to prevent decays.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning and polishing removable appliances, placing, carving and finishing restorations, removing cement from crowns and bridges.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs, oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital sign, medical/dental histories, charting in patient records.
- Must follow the HIPAA rules
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
- Be able to represent the center at communities’ health fair or any related fairs.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Dental Hygienist
- Graduate from an accredited Dental Hygiene School
- New York State Registered Dental Hygienist required
Summary of benefits(For FT/PT Employees):
- Excellent Compensation
- Paid-Time-Off- Sick, Vacation, Holidays, Personal accruals
- Medical/Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 403(b)Retiring plan(FT only)
If interested, please send your Resume to email@example.com with Dental Hygienist in the subject line.
Compensation Range: Excellent Compensation
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Dental