Long Island FQHC, Inc.
Position Title: Pediatrician
380 Nassau Road
Roosevelt, NY 11575
Contact Name: Chandni Singh
Contact Phone: 516-546-4237
Contact Fax: 516-546-4214
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
JOB TITLE: Pediatrician
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Provides comprehensive medical care to newborns, children, and adolescents.
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development including cognitive skills.
- Research information to develop conclusions and care recommendations.
- Adheres to professional standards, practice policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Works as a team player assisting other staff providers with developing diagnosis and patient treatment options.
- Track and administer immunizations and vaccinations on schedule.
- Orders, performs and interprets test and analyze records, reports and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Records and maintains patient information such as medical history, reports and examination results.
- Plans and executes medical care programs to help in mental and emotional development of infants and teenagers.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and progress and re-evaluation treatments as necessary.
- Reviews health risk assessments (HRA’s) to help determine a plan of care.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Advise parents about health issues such as diet and exercise, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Participates in LEAN and other activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary patient-centered medical home approach for the care of pediatric patients.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State.
- Board certified or board eligible status.
- At least 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to other sites for coverage as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole/French required.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This is an exempt position.
*We are eligible for HRSA Loan Programs*
Compensation Range: BOE
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Physicians